BusinessPress lets you control the WordPress core updates and plugin installing/editing/upgrading to prevent issues with your business websites.
BusinessPress Download Now
(If the link does not work)↓
Originals Link WordPress.org
How to Install BusinessPress Plugin, Manually
If you are using WordPress Multisite, make sure you Network Activate the plugin. Once the plugin is installed, you will be prompted to configure it, otherwise it won’t do anything.
Simply click the notice or go to Settings -> BusinessPress. There you will be allowed to lock down the admin privileges to your own email address or your email domain (in case you want to keep admin access for your entire company).
From that point forward, you will have to elevated admin privileges over the website.
To protect against bruteforce hacking of WordPress login form and XML-RPC:
- Install fail2ban, you will need root access to your server running on Linux
- Setup fail2ban filter for BusinessPress, just copy plugin file fail2ban/wordpress.conf into /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/wordpress.conf
- Setup fail2ban jail for BusinessPress, just copy plugin file fail2ban/jail.local into /etc/fail2ban/jail.local
Note that if you are on cPanel you might need to adjust the logpath variable to /var/log/messages
- Restart fail2ban daemon
- Do some bad login attempts and you should be able to see entries being added at the end of /var/log/auth.log
Note that if you are on cPanel you might need to check the log at /var/log/messages
- You can use a command like this to check ban status: fail2ban-client status wordpress
- For troubleshooting try this command to check if your filter works: fail2ban-regex /var/log/auth.log /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/wordpress.conf
- To remove a ban use fail2ban-client set wordpress unbanip IPADDRESSHERE
Plugin Not Working?
If any errors or problems with the plug-in then write comments.