Signs and encrypts emails WordPress sends using PGP keys. Provides OpenPGP functions via WordPress plugin API.
WP PGP Encrypted Emails Download Now
(If the link does not work)↓
Originals Link WordPress.org
How to Install WP PGP Encrypted Emails Plugin, Manually
WP PGP Encrypted Emails can be installed automatically from the WordPress plugin repository by searching for “PGP Encrypted Emails” in the “Add new plugin” screen of your WordPress admin site and clicking the “Install now” button.
WP PGP Encrypted Emails can also be installed manually by following these instructions:
- Download the latest plugin code from the WordPress plugin repository.
- Upload the unzipped
wp-pgp-encrypted-emailsfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
Once activated, each user who wants to receive encrypted emails must add their PGP public key to their profile.
See the screenshots for a brief walkthrough of how to configure WP PGP Encrypted Emails after it is installed.
If a user does not have a PGP public key already, they need to use an OpenPGP-compatible client to generate one themselves. (Learn more about OpenPGP-compatible clients.) Users will need to have the private key corresponding to the public key saved in their WordPress profile, or they will not be able to decrypt the email they receive. To learn more about generating keys and decrypting email, consult one (or more) of the following guides:
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation’s Surveillance Self-Defense guide to PGP
- RiseUp.net’s OpenPGP best practices guide
I have also found the following articles useful, but can not personally vouch for their accuracy:
- Jerzy Gangi’s “Best PGP Tutorial for Mac OS X, ever”
- DeepDotWeb’s Basic Guide to PGP on Linux
- BitCoin Not Bombs: Beginner’s Guide to PGP
If you found a good guide to using PGP/GPG that I haven’t listed here, please share it in the WP PGP Encrypted Emails plugin support forum.
- Mailvelope problems: Mailvelope is theoretically supported but older versions cannot successfully decrypt encrypted messages or verify signatures. Be sure to update to the latest Mailvelope release for full compatibility.
Plugin Not Working?
If any errors or problems with the plug-in then write comments.